Saturday, September 22, 2012

Where did you go?

It was a Friday.

I see sweaty kids in the busy streets playing with their bare feet. They look tired but they still continue enjoying each other's company. It was already afternoon and the last ray of the sun is trying hard to illuminate the coming darkness of the night,when my grand mother (My father's mother)  left me at a relatives house in ParaƱaque where my mother was currently staying while she was working in Manila back then. As I entered the three story high - house and saw unfamiliar faces. I was became immediately terrified and went painfully  shy. "Where is mama?" I asked. The lady that claims to be the house keeper said that my mother was still at work and has not arrived yet.  With this uncomfortable situation I sat down at a near by couch while I watch my grand mother's car drive away...

I waited for my mother to arrive. Standing abruptly every time I hear the noisy banging of the gate when someone arrives. She's taking so long, I thought to my self. I wonder what time she's going to arrive. My stomach then was already growling...

Finally around 8:30pm a sweet voice lady entered the front door and called for my name. She looks so beautiful in her working clothes. The lady entered and look so lovingly to my face with her tired eyes. Seeing her, I immediately ran and hugged her tight by the neck and kissed her cheeks. A wave of relief flushed right down to my body. Mama was finally home. 

It's so sad every time I look back and reminisce my childhood days. A lot has changed between me and my mother. We no longer see eye to eye in things. We constantly bicker and argue about things. I miss the old version of her and the moments we shared together --I would trade everything to make our old relationship come back because I terribly miss those times where I wake up in the morning and I scream so loud for her name, those times where she's my friend, where she gives me a bath at night and ask how my day went, I miss how she used to pay attention and talk to me so lovingly. I wonder where that person went? I wish she'd come back and replace the woman who constantly reprimands me as if  I've done nothing right. Because right now all I see is a person who always gets mad and disappointed  at me no matter how much I try not to. I wished you'd come back mama..the old version of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment