Sunday, September 2, 2012

What time is it?!


It's funny how a year ago I used to own watches as jewelries. Yes,  funny as that might sound but I really never used watches as an instrument of time. I used it as a jewelry to give off a look that says "I'm pretty responsible. Look I'm wearing a watch" LOL.

Anyhow it's pretty obvious, especially considering the above statement, that I never really cared about the importance of  time management. I hated schedules, planners and anything that aids manage time when I was in high school. I used to think that my friends are so pretentious for owning such "irrelevant" things. Probably because for me those are the things I should own when I reach 20 something..... Boy was I wrong!

Highschool passed and I said hello to college life!

The first few months was like hell. I never knew that the changes can be so tremendous. There were no permanent classrooms, no permanent teachers, no advisors and my classmates is mixture of age,course, and gender. Furthermore, I was always late and constantly asking for "what time is it" since my BB (Blackberry) phone's battery is always drained dry because of the applications I'm always using to kill time. It was very stressful. I can not help but cry my frustrations. So I decided to take hold of my self and get my life into order. I got a grip and I started to work on my schedule. Yes. I, Maria Ressa Improgo, made my very own schedule. I listed the time, days of the weeks and the places where my class would be held. It was a fresh start and I liked the feeling of taking control of my life and no longer needing the help of others. I purchased a new watch and wore it so I wouldn't be late for my classes. I wrote my activities and due dates on a planner so I can track them down for easy time management. In other words I learned to used the things I used to despise so much. Moreover I understood their true purpose and I no longer need to ask "what times it?!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment